The Board of Court Reporting of the Judicial Council of Georgia
The Georgia General Assembly established the Board of Court Reporting of the Judicial Council of Georgia to ensure the integrity and competency of the court reporting practice. The Board of Court Reporting establishes and enforces standards that govern court reporters and provides a forum for an exchange of ideas and educational services.
The Judicial Council of Georgia appoints the members to the Board for a term of two years, but not more than two successive terms. The Board membership is composed of five certified court reporters, two attorney representatives from the State Bar of Georgia, and two representatives from the judiciary, one state court judge and one superior court judge.
The Board of Court Reporting
Judicial Council/Administrative Office of the Courts
244 Washington Street, SW - Suite 300
Atlanta, GA 30334
Main: (404) 463-3808
Fax: (770) 357-9001
Roles and Responsibilities
- Establish rules and regulations that effectively carry out the provisions of the Georgia Court Reporting Act, see O.C.G.A. § 15-14-20.
- Certify court reporters and court reporting firms.
- Ensure the practice of court reporting in the courts of Georgia is an integral part of an effective judicial system.
- Enforce the code of ethics and professional guidelines that govern the court reporting profession.
- Provide a mechanism for training requirements.
- Serve as a disciplinary Board.