Georgia Hotlines/Calls for Assistance
Domestic Violence Hotline –
(800) 334-2836 (800 33HAVEN) -The DV Hotline connects you with the nearest DV agency that may provide shelter, safety planning, counseling, legal advocacy, and community resources. www.gcadv.org. For help in Spanish call: (770) 479-1703.
The National Domestic Violence Hotline –
(800) 799-SAFE is a 24-hour confidential service for survivors, victims and those affected by domestic violence, intimate partner violence and relationship abuse.
Georgia Network for Sexual Assault
(800) 656-4673 (HOPE). You will be directed to your local Sexual Assault Center in Georgia. A chat and mobile App are available at: https://hotline.rainn.org/online.
Hotline to End Human Trafficking in Georgia -
(866) 363-4842 (866 ENDHTGA) - Any Georgian with information or suspicions of human trafficking should call the statewide hotline at 1-866-ENDHTGA (866-363-4842). Trained law enforcement agents, advocates, and first responders are available 24/7 to answer calls.
Elder Abuse Hotline - 866-552-4464 Press "3"
To report abuse, neglect, or exploitation of an older adult or adult with a disability residing in a long-term care facility contact the Department of Community Health.
Prevent Child Abuse –
1-800-CHILDREN (800-244-5373) http://preventchildabusega.org/. You can also report child abuse to the DFCS office 24/7 at 855-422-4453. You can locate services at: https://garc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=ddb59ef02b4546d8a1a4376d4ad9c79b – Prevent Child Abuse Georgia also mapping website listing community resources for child abuse, criminal justice, food/clothing/shelter, and healthcare.
Georgia Legal Services –
(833) 457-7529 (883 GLSPLAW) To request civil legal assistance for low to moderate income Georgians in the 154 counties outside metro Atlanta. www.glsp.org
Atlanta Legal Aid (404) 524-5811 -
To request civil legal assistance for Georgians in the 5 county metro Atlanta area.
Georgia Asylum and Immigrant Network (678) 335-6040
https://georgiaasylum.org/ GAIN’s provides free immigration legal services to victims of crime and persecution.
Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation - 404 521-0790
in Fulton County – Get Help with Domestic Violence, Tenant, Unpaid Wages, Probate, and Covid – 19 Relief issues.
Community Health Centers - https://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/ -
To find a community health center near you that may provide primary healthcare based on a sliding scale basis or a COVID-19 test
Apply online at www.gateway.ga.gov.
For help with SNAP/Medicaid/TANF questions you can call the DFCS Statewide Constituent Services - (404) 657-3433.
Georgia Senior Legal Hotline -
(404) 657-9915 For civil legal advice for seniors in metro Atlanta Outside Atlanta Toll Free (888) 257-9519
GLSP Benefits Hotline -
Outside metro Atlanta (888) 632-6332 - To obtain assistance applying for or renewing Benefits (Medicaid, MSP, SNAP, Benefits for those on Medicare)
Georgia Cares -
866) 552-4464 (Option 4) Help with Medicare enrollments and services for those with Medicare.
Latin American Association -
(404) 638-1800 2750 Buford Hwy. NE, Atlanta Georgia 30324. (Immigration needs)